The Senate GOP health “care” (actually health destroying) bill suffers from insufficient input from medical professionals, mental health professionals, patient advocates or other groups with deep expertise in public health and medicine. According to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office, this bill will mean that 22 million more Americans would be uninsured by 2026.
You don’t have to be a mental health professional to know the GOP’s heartless, mindless Senate and House bills pose serious threats to the health and well-being of all Americans. Read what scientists, doctors, and researchers have to say about this bill here.
Take action to stop this governance travesty:
- Find and attend a town hall
- Call your Senator (Senate switchboard number: 202-224-3121)
- Tag your Senators in a tweet about the bill (list of accounts via C-SPAN)
- Be knowledgable by reading these sources of information:
- American Public Health Association Talking Points
- American Medical Association resources and shareable graphics
- Statement from a coalition of patient groups (including the American Heart and Lung Associations) opposing the Senate bill
- Action Kit from FamiliesUSA